We combine engineering, work and service
Since 1997 we are offering pipe statics as a service. As our client, you are in direct contact with the engineer - your personal contact person. This ensures short information paths and smooth processes. Satisfied regular customers appreciate the transparent pricing and high adherence to schedule.
Our employees are civil engineers who regularly undergo further training. We actively participate in the standardization work at DWA and GSTT. All in all, we really concentrate on pipe statics.
We extend our software
Our software IngSoft EasyPipe is best suited for standard situations. Special materials, irregular cross sections and small cover depths require additional considerations in the pipe statics. Our structural engineering starts where the standards cease.
Materials play an important role in statics. We consider time-dependent material properties in accordance with the "state of the art".
We know how to safely handle:
- Concrete/reinforced concrete
- GRP (Glass-Reinforced Plastic)
- Thermoplastics such as PP-B, PP-H, PVC-U, PP-R and PE-HD
- Polymer concrete
Do you want to use a special material? Thanks to our experience with powerful programs many things are possible.
- Solid wall pipes/ducts/molded components
- Profiled pipes, winding pipes, wave profiles, hollow profiles
- Perforated cross-sections
- Wall-reinforced and base-reinforced pipes
- Egg-shaped sections as standard egg-shaped profile, oblong or constricted egg shape
- SDR (Standard Dimensional Ratio)
- Mouth-shaped cross sections, jaw profiles, dragon-shaped profiles, hood profiles
- Large profiles
- Rectangular and box profiles
- Dry weather drains and channels
Some of them are standardized; others demand a deep understanding of standards, careful planning and a preceding load calculation.
- HGV 60, HGV 30 (Heavy Goods Vehicle, standardized vehicles according to DIN-Fachbericht 101 ("DIN Technical Report 101") or ATV-DVWK-A 127)
- LM 1 or Loadmodel 1 in road traffic according to DIN EN 1991-2
- LM 71 or load model 71 in rail transport, single or multiple track, successor of the UIC 71
- Load calculation for special vehicles such as forklifts, cranes, Boeing 747 and Airbus A340/A380 aircraft via footprint (Landing Gear Footprint)
Dynamic loads and load ranges
In the "proof against non-predominantly static load", we investigate the behavior of the components under alternating stresses. The proof depends on the set of rules and the load. Common values in the fatigue analysis are:
- Cycles-to-failure 2x106: Specified in ATV-DVWK-A 127:2000 and there for the UIC 71
- Cycles-to-failure 1x108: For jacking pipes specified in DWA-A 161:2014 for the first time and there for the LM 71
- We consider any deviating values notified to us by you as the builder
Depending on the material, we assign a permissible stress double amplitude to each of these load cycles.
We know and take into account all the rules and regulations that we consider relevant for underground pipes, manholes/shafts and similar components.
- ATV-DVWK/DWA: Deutsche Vereinigung für Wasserwirtschaft, Abwasser und Abfall e. V. (German Association for Water, Wastewater and Waste) (DWA), Hennef
We are a member and partner of DWA
- DIN e.V.: German Institute for Standardization, Berlin
- Deutsche Bahn AG: RIL 836 - Erdbauwerke planen, bauen und instandhalten ("Earth structures - Planning, constructing and maintaining")
- Eurocodes / EC: European standardization for impacts, individual proofs
Website: Eurocodes / EC
- SIA: Swiss Association of Engineers and Architects
- AWWA: American Water Works Association, e.g. AWWA M45
We also apply related standards such as Fascicule or CIRIA.
If your requirements exceed the usual standards, we will solve this together: We considered, for example, the Basel light rail and the Potsdam trolley car and crane cantilevers. For port authorities, we designed a Noell gantry crane, Kalmar reachstacker and fire trucks.
Putting all of this together...
... you get a variety of options for combining material and geometry.
We have modeled, calculated, interpreted and evaluated:
- Tangential manholes
- Openings, unions, conneciton pieces, outlets
- Branches and inlets of pipes
- Cone with mounted ribs
- Welded joints
- Pipe packages/bundles and cable bundles (several pipe strings are laid side by side and/or one above the other)
- Line routes under runways at airports
- Crossings and passages in the area under the control of the DB (German Railway)
- Special molded components
- Short pipe relining for large profiles for renovation in all Host Pipe Conditions (HPC I to HPC III)
To this end, we use the Finite Element Method, in short: FEM. We will agree with you on a suitable model, which we then examine in three dimensions, if desired and appropriate. Our engineers will evaluate these 3D FEM calculations for you. In doing so, we document the results completely and comprehensibly in a verifiable report.
How is a structural calculation done at IngSoft?
- You want a project-related "Statics" and inquire with us
- We inspect your documents*)
- We prepare a non-binding offer for you and specify a delivery date
- You place the order with us in writing
- We promptly process your project and send you our verifiable report
- You pay for our services
*) The details we need exactly depends on your project. Our staff will gladly assist you in selecting "relevant" documents.